Security is no laughing matter, and we want to ensure everything is as secure as it can be. From the word go, our team of developers have ensured all measures are catered for when building the software. PropertyMe is hosted by Amazon – the people who host Netflix, Instagram, AirBnB, Spotify and most of the CIA. Our servers are in two geographically separate locations in Sydney and data is synchronised between both locations. All of this (and much more) ensures top-level security.
While we won’t share everything we do to ensure security (because that wouldn’t be very secure), we can tell you that:
– We use 128 bit SSL encryption, which is the same encryption that internet banking uses.
– If you are logged in to PropertyMe and you are not actively using the program, it will log you out in case you have forgotten and left your computer unattended.
– PropertyMe records every change in the system, and who made the change so you can keep track of what your users are working on.
– We strongly encourage users to choose a strong password with at least 8 characters to ward off potential hackers.
– Attempts by unauthorised users to guess your password using computerised tools are prevented by locking the account for 15 minutes after 3 failed attempts.
As PropertyMe is not installed onto your desktop like traditional property management software, if your laptop or computer is stolen, no one will be able to access your data without your correct login or password. We are always running security tests and keeping an eye out for the latest security advances so we can keep delivering a high quality program for users.